Thursday, June 7, 2012

Emotion

Emotion is defined as an affective state of consciousness in which joy, sorrow, fear, hate, or the like, is experienced, as distinguished from cognitive and volitional states of consciousness. To me, emotion is more than just a state of consciousness. Emotion is real and uncontrollable. You can be hit in the face with so much emotion that you really don't know what emotion you should be feeling. Happy, Sad, Worried, Jealous, Envious, Confused.. All of these really are out of our control. So I ask myself. What do I do with all this emotion? Do I cry and feel sorry for myself. Do I get angry and yell at the world? Maybe a smile and act like nothing is wrong? I have done all the above and one thing remains.. You still cannot control your emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment