Friday, November 24, 2017

Too Sweet or Not Sweet Enough?

Metformin is a diabetes medication that is sometimes used to regulate hormones in women with PCOS by balancing their insulin level. This effect leads to more regular menstruation and ovulation cycles, according to WebMD. 

This definition failed to mention that if you are a PCOS patient and have managed to work your tail off to lose weight and are no longer a pre-diabetic that Metformin can cause a sudden drop in insulin levels. 

Lastnight was rough. I allowed myself a cheat of having one roll, a scoop of stuffing and a taste of some yummy desserts. It was Thanksgiving, so I was being thankful of the delicious food that lay before me! Plus, I had ran a 5k that morning and was absolutely starving! My sugar was normal. I call it after Thanksgiving normal. 

I started on Metformin lastnight. My mom had warned me that it might bring my sugar down some. With me having had another slice of Pumpkin Pie, surely It would just level me out to normal. 

Well..after relaxing my sore muscles in a warm bath I was brushing my hair and I felt so strange. Like my. Insides were shaking, my head felt very swimmy, and almost like I was going to faint. By the time I went to find Josh and let him know something was wrong my whole body was shaking and he said for me “check your sugar!”

I did, it was 60.  Way too low for me. I drank some juice, wait 20 mins check again. 67. Still needs to go up. I have nothing in the house to help. I grab Josh’s caffeine free soda and start chugging. Wait 20 mins..stick my finger, not once but 3 times bc I’m like my dad and my finger won’t bleed anymore. Finally I managed to squeeze it enough for the meter to read it. 87! I’m good with that. So I called it a night and went to bed. 

So now as I lay in bed early on Black Friday morning I prick my finger again to check my sugar. It’s 107 so I’m still good. 

Is this the next thing that I have to battle in my journey for a baby. I’m either too sweet or not sweet enough. I know I can use Slim and Sassy essential oils to regulate my levels, but I’m not a diabetic! I shouldn’t have this problem!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment